Bolivia has a lot to offer to the tourists- beautiful hotels in Bolivia, amazing attractions, wonderful possibilities for sport activities.
Here is a list of the TOP Travel Tips for Bolivia, therefore you may be sure that you will have wonderful time in this charming country.
1. VISAS- If you travel to Bolivia, rules to achieve visas for Bolivia change often, but currently citizens of most EU countries can stay 90 days without a visa; citizens of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Africa and Israel can stay 30 days without a visa. Most other nationalities require a visa in advance, frequently issued for a 30-day stay.
2. MONEY & CURRENCY- The only international currency accepted throughout Bolivia is the US Dollar. All change cash US dollars and some also traveler's checks. Leading credit cards could be used in larger cities.
3. HEALTH & RISKS- The prime risk is altitude sickness. The tropical diseases like malaria, dengue and yellow fever are a threat only for the people heading to remote regions in the Amazon jungle. Medical care in large cities is adequate for most reasons but of varying quality.
4. CUSTOMS REGULATIONS- It's illegal to remove any such objects from Bolivia without prior written permission by the correct Bolivian authority. Any form of fossil excavation, even picking up a fossil, with no prior written authorization from the appropriate Bolivian authority, can also be illegal. Violation of the law can result in lengthy jail sentences and fines.
5. WHEN TO GO- Bolivia lies in the southern hemisphere so the winter runs from May to October and summer from November to April. The most important climatic factor to keep in mind is that it's generally wet in the summer and dry in the winter. Consider that the high tourist season falls in the winter (June to September), thanks not just to climatic aspects, but also to the timing of European and North American summer holidays and also the fact that it's also Bolivia's leading fiesta season. This means that both foreign visitors and a lot of South Americans are traveling during this time period. Consequently, the right time to go to Bolivia is throughout the winter (dry season). For this period of time there are special discount rates in some Bolivia hotels.